2018 OUTDO YOURSELF READING CHALLENGE

My father always made efforts to inculcate the good habit of reading books. We started initially with reading newspaper paragraph. Tried finding new words out of it and remember them with their meaning. In 1990's we used to get Chandamama, Vigyan Pragati, Nandan and many more books in the market. Monthly we used to get Chandamama, Vigyan Pragati, and Nandan. Must say we loved every bit of reading these. I wish if I can get them for my kids. In Pune, I have not seen them so far. How beautiful these memories are. I wish sometimes to go back and just be there with my father. He influenced my life in many ways. Though we are not in taking terms for about 8 years but his thoughts, beliefs and lessons are still with me. Not a single day passes without remembering him. 

I started reading during my master's in JNU. JNU is a place for studious people and I am fortunate enough to get a chance to study. Whenever there is a queue for admission or near the bus stop or clinic's, saw students reading books. JNU has a big library and we benefited out of it in many ways. One of my friend suggested me to start reading "Anne Frank's Diary", enjoyed it completely. Since then I developed my love for reading. Well reading books are very good and I really feel it does the below to everyone who reads
I had a big collection of books which I continued carrying everywhere we moved. But in 2016 in order to make room for other books, I sold them. My new collection started piling up which somehow I could not finish in 2017. Hardly four books I have read. After seeing Corrin's book reading challenge I thought of finishing my old stock. Below are the books which I would like to finish in 2018 end or may maybe before.

Friends I had 9 years break with my job and continued to stay at home mom in all these years. And completely engrossed in the housewifey role that now I feel I am lacking in my english writing. Please bear with me. This blog helping me to get back to writing once again.

You Child At Plat 3-5 Years
You Child At Plat 3-5 Years
The power of your subconcious mind
The power of your subconscious mind
Ignited Minds APJ Abdul Kalam
Ignited Minds APJ Abdul Kalam
The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad
The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad
The Steve Jobs Way
The Steve Jobs Way
Crumbs Bread Stories and Recipes
Crumbs Bread Stories and Recipes
Being Indian
Being Indian
Agatha Christie 4:50 From Paddington
Agatha Christie 4:50 From Paddington
Inner Engineering a yogi's guide to joy
Inner Engineering a yogi's guide to joy
Half pants Full Pants
Half pants Full Pants
Quotes From Shri Shri Ravi Shankar
Quotes From Shri Shri Ravi Shankar
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari


These are the books which I want to finish, all are pending for completion. I am not a person who loves spending outside the home. Either it should be with family or a book which gives me knowledge or anything to learn. For some time, I really imagine things written in them or discuss on the topics I cover with my husband. 
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley

I truly believe they are my best friend rather would say the same on behalf of my husband. Once he commits to reading he finishes on time. These days when kids are asleep we start reading Sadhguru and discuss. It is really so much fun.
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

This is so true for "The Secret" and "You can heal your life, Louise Hay" books. Both the books helped me to set myself free from my fears, beliefs which were meant to go. 

Some books leave us free and some books make us free.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hope to see you reading many more books. If you wish to outdo yourself reading books than joining Corrin's challenge. It is so much fun. Would like to tag in #MondayMusings.

Also, I would like to participate in Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge and Goodreads Library Love Challenge.

Labels: ,